Why Not Take Dinner to the Grill and Make Some Caribbean-Inspired Grilled Chicken Kabobs
1 cup cream of coconut
1 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
2 teaspoons dried marjoram
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks, or to taste
1 sweet onion, cut into chunks, or to taste
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks, or to taste (optional)
1. Whisk cream of coconut, lemon juice, bouillon, marjoram, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl until marinade is smooth.
2. Combine chicken, red bell pepper, onion, and pineapple in a shallow dish and cover with 1/2 of the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
4. Remove chicken, vegetables, and pineapple from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade. Thread chicken, vegetables, and pineapple onto skewers.
5. Grill kabobs on the preheated grill, basting with the remaining marinade occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 10 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 409 calories; 13 g fat; 49.3 g carbohydrates; 25.9 g protein; 65 mg cholesterol; 363 mg sodium.