Enjoy This for Dinner Tonight!
1 (8 oz) package angel hair pasta
2 pounds tomatoes
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place tomatoes in a pot, and cover with cold water. Bring just to the boil. Pour out water, and cover again with cold water.
Peel. Cut into small pieces.
2. Cook the pasta in a large pot(add a pinch of salt to the water) till al dente.
3. In a large skillet or saute pan, saute the garlic in enough olive oil to
cover the bottom of the pan. Stir in the tomato paste.
4. Immediately stir in the tomatoes, and salt and pepper. Reduce to low,
and simmer until the pasta is ready; add the basil.
5. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse in cold water. Toss with 2
tablespoons of olive oil, and then mix into the sauce. Reduce the
heat as low as possible. Keep warm. You can even add fresh
quartered mushrooms with the garlic or substitute shoestring
zucchini along with the tomato.