I hear more and more about the benefits of adding some seeds to our diet. Here is what I found out about some of the popular seeds I see.
1. Pumpkin Seeds! I choose this first because I am addicted to them. Always have a bag around.
Benefits: Rich in zinc, great for skin and eyes, helps increase your bodies immunity and decrease oxidative stress. I will eat anything that can help with day to day stress.
2. Flax Seeds! For women, this is great for our bones.
Benefits: Helps makes our bones stronger, helps maintain blood sugar levels, has fiber, and lowers cholesterol.
3. Chia Seeds! This is a great all-around helpful seed.
Benefits: High in fiber, lowers bad cholesterol, very rich in antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids
4. Sesame Seed! I know I prefer them on my hamburger buns.
Benefits: Helps with Rheumatoid arthritis (which is huge), high in fiber, nice and rich in calcium and iron, and another huge one is they have anti-cancer properties.
5. Sunflower Seed! I like to buy mine already out of the shell.
Benefits: Helps in making your skin and hair healthy, another one with anti-cancer properties, has vitamins B and E, and rich in foliate.
6. Hemp Seeds! I add these to my shakes that I make in a blender at times.
Benefits: Awesome for a source of calcium, anti-aging properties, they have vitamin A, E, and D, also contains omega 3.
7. Pomegranate Seeds! Love pomegranates, just hate how they can stain. Worth it though.
Benefits: Tightens skin (yeah), reduces fine lines and wrinkles (yeah again), rich in antioxidants, and can help stunt tumor growth.
8. Grape Seeds! I add them in my blended shakes as well.
Benefits: Good for skin and hair, Helps reduce blood pressure (we can all use help with that), rich in vitamin E.