Here are a few health problems you might face if you have Sleep Apnea.
1. High blood pressure! Sleep apnea can make it worse. When you wake up often during the night, your body gets stressed causing your blood pressure to rise. Treatment can make a difference
2. Heart disease! People with Sleep Apnea are more likely to have heart attacks. Sleep apnea disrupts how your body takes in oxygen, which makes it hard for your brain to control how blood flows in your arteries and the brain itself.
3. Type 2 Diabetes! Sleep apnea is common among people with Diabetes 80% or more of them may have Sleep Apnea.
4. Weight gain! Extra pounds raise your chances of getting sleep apnea, also makes it harder to slim down.
5. Adult asthma! Science hasn’t proven a link to Sleep Apnea, but people who get sleep apnea treatment often find they have fewer asthma attacks.
6. Acid reflux! There’s no proof that sleep apnea causes acid reflux. Treating reflux seems to improve apnea symptoms for some people.
Talk to your doctor about any symptoms you may have.