Vegan Black Pepper Sauce and Tofu with Snap Peas. Even if you aren’t Vegan this is very delicious.
2 tbsp soy sauce reduced-sodium
2 tbsp garlic chili sauce
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp vinegar rice
4 green onions (scallions)
8 ounces tofu drained (extra firm is best)
3 tbsp cornstarch
6 tbsp canola oil, divided
8 ounces or 2 cups of sugar snap peas (slice thin and trim)
1 tsp ground pepper (fresh)
3 cloves of minced garlic
2 tsp gingerroot (grated)
1. Mix soy sauce, garlic chili sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar (set aside).
2. Mince the white of green onions, and then thinly slice green parts (set aside).
3. Cut tofu into 1/2-in. cubes; pat dry with paper towels. Mix and coat the tofu with cornstarch.
4. In a large skillet heat 4 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until crisp and golden brown, which should take 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from pan and drain on some paper towels.
6. In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add peas; stir-fry until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
7. Using the same pan, heat remaining oil. Add pepper and cook for about 30 seconds. Add garlic, ginger and minced green onions and fry for 30-45 seconds. Stir in soy sauce mixture cook and stir until slightly thickened. Remove skillet from the heat and stir in tofu and peas. Top off with the sliced green onions.
Pur-Go Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
For a free sample of Pur-Go Protein Powder Visit: